1. Before to coming to BYU-I, he worked for many years as a leader in the information technology industry, specifically in higher education and aerospace.
2. He earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Utah.
3. He received a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Science in Information Systems from Boston University.
4. He served a mission in the Uruguay Montevideo Mission.
5. After returning from his mission, he married Lori, his high school sweetheart, and they have five children and two grandchildren.
6. He loves to spend time with his granddaughter, Navy, and looks forward to being able to spend time with his grandson, Sam, whose time on this earth was far too brief.
7. He has served in church callings all his life, and he hopes to one day be called to his dream calling of serving in the Primary.
8. He is currently serving as the Sunday School president in his ward.
9. He grew up in Salt Lake City as the middle child, the third of five sons.
10. He has spent his career studying organizational behavior and change management and is committed to the idea that I.T. is more about understanding the computer in our heads than it is about the one on our desks.