In July, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton chose their running mates, Gov. Mike Pence alongside Trump and U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine alongside Clinton, for the 2016 presidential election.
Here are 5 facts about both of the VP picks:
Gov. Mike Pence
- Gov. Pence started his term as governor of Indiana in 2013.
- He identifies himself as “a Christian, a Conservative and a Republican — in that order,” according to npr.org.
- He does not agree with Trump’s Muslim Ban, according to marketwatch.com.
- He is a staunch supporter of the pro-life movement, according to christianpost.com.
- Gov. Pence’s favorite ice cream is Moose Tracks, according to in.gov.
U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine
- Sen. Kaine served as a governor, a senator and a national party chairman, according to washingtonpost.com.
- He took a break from Harvard Law School to volunteer as a Christian missionary in Honduras, according to washingtonpost.com.
- He is Catholic — and personally pro-life, according to washingtonpost.com.
- He is an advocate for gun control, according to teenvogue.com.
- Sen. Kaine plays the harmonica, according to npr.org.