Sister Elaine Wagner is a faculty member of the Department of Mathematics. Here are nine things to know about Sister Wagner before attending devotional.
- Sister Wagner graduated from BYU with a degree in mathematics and a minor in logic.
- She received a master’s degree in mathematics with distinction from California State University in Fresno.
- She taught in the California Community College System.
- She received her Doctorate of Education from the University of Idaho, at which point she had been teaching at BYU-Idaho for six years.
- She did her dissertation research on the first-semester calculus students at BYU-I.
- Sister Wagner spends her time juggling work and family, attending cultural and sporting events that her children participate in, serving in her ward, jogging, surfing and snowboarding.
- The hardest and best thing she has ever done is having and raising her children.
- She and her husband, Thomas Wagner, have been married for 25 years.
- They are the parents of four sons and one daughter.