Brother Griffin has been an Art professor on this campus since 1984. Here are 9 things to know about Brother Griffin before attending devotional.
- Brother Griffin served in the North Carolina-Virginia Mission.
- Brother Griffin attended college in San Mateo, California, and Circulo de Belles Artes, in Madrid, Spain.
- He received his bachelor’s and master’s of fine arts degrees from BYU
- He was previously an art instructor at Eastern Arizona College and at BYU.
- While teaching at BYU, he was also the exhibit designer for the Monte L. Bean Museum.
- In addition to being an art professor, his duties at BYU-Idaho include being director of the Art Gallery in the Jacob Spori Building, overseer of the permanent art collection and campus art buyer.
- Brother Griffin has had six one-man art exhibits at BYU-Idaho, and he frequently shows his work in local shows. He enjoys music, athletics, travel and antique art and furniture.
- He has also served as a Young Men president, gospel doctrine teacher, high counselor and most recently as a bishop.
- He and his wife, Marilyn, are the parents of four sons and one daughter.
You may also be interested in “Gerald Griffin teaches about good culture and art”