Brother Pothier will be speaking to us at devotional this week. From 2006 to 2011, Brother Pothier and his wife, Marva, served a 5 ½-year service mission at BYU-Idaho. Here are nine other facts to know about Brother Pothier before going to devotional.
- Brother Pothier served as a missionary in the Central States Mission.
- He graduated from BYU in 1967, and while going to school, he was able to provide for his wife and children by managing the lodge at Zion National Park in the summers and operating his own pizza business during the school year.
You may also be interested in “Devo: Brother Griffin teaches about good culture and art”
- He began his career as a manager with Marriott Corporation in Washington, D.C.
- He then went on to be a loan officer for Bank of America in California, a seminary teacher in Arizona and CEO of Rockford Corporation in Phoenix for 12 years..
- He continues to work with the university as a volunteer and now oversees a similar independent operation he established in Ghana in 2014.
- Brother and Sister Pothier will be leaving in March to serve the Church for six months in Ghana as Self Reliance Services/Perpetual Education Fund volunteers.
- Brother and Sister Pothier are the parents of nine children and they have 37 grandchildren. Their first great-grandchild was born in October.
- Brother Pothier’s greatest satisfaction is in mentoring young people, especially his own children, as they build businesses of their own.
- He has been a bishop and a high councilor, and he most often finds himself happily serving as a scoutmaster or in other capacities with the young men.