1. Before coming to BYU-I, he spent the beginning of his career working in corporate America.
2. He earned a bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management from Brigham Young University’s college of engineering.
3. He minored in Business at BYU.
4. He held senior management positions at three Fortune 500 companies.
5. He held the position of director of facilities at AT&T, senior vice president at Aimco, and managing director at CB Richard Ellis.
6. As managing director at CB Richard Ellis, he oversaw 3,100 banks in 42 states.
7. He moved from Seattle to Rexburg, where he has lived for the past nine years.
8. He has seven children and two grandchildren.
9. He is currently serving as the 11-year-old boy scout leader in his ward.