Editor’s note: All information contained in this section is public record and is accessible to anyone through the Rexburg Police Department.
• Police responded to reports of a vehicle that had been burglarized. The vehicle in question was photographed. A report was taken, and the investigation is ongoing.
• Police stopped a driver for speeding and failing to remain in one lane of travel. Police arrested the driver for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia and booked him into the Madison County Jail. Pro Collision towed the individual’s car.
• Police received a report of a possible death that had not been attended by a physician. Police and medical personal arrived. The individual was pronounced dead. This case is currently under investigation.
• An officer was dispatched to Broulim’s on West Main Street on a complaint of a witness to liquor thefts. The witness had seen the person wanted by police in several liquor thefts. An officer met with the witness and obtained information.
• Police were dispatched to Angela Drive for a report of a missing 6-year-old boy. The child was found hiding behind a neighbor’s camper trailer a few minutes later by his father. The child became upset and left when he was told by his mother he could not play with an umbrella.
• Police responded to reports that BYU-Idaho students were having a bonfire in an open field, jumping over the flames and inappropriately exposing themselves. Upon arrival, police were unable to locate anybody in the area.
• Police were dispatched to Madison High School for a vehicle rollover. The driver had caused the rollover while driving in an unsafe manne and was found to be fine.
• Police were dispatched to a complaint of a male opening mailboxes. The subject was located. He stated he was placing advertisements in the mailboxes. He was warned that opening mailboxes to place unauthorized items in mailboxes was against U.S. law.
• Police responded to a suspicious circumstance where witnesses had seen someone be tased on the BYU-Idaho football field. Police responded and did not locate the individuals involved. Police obtained statements and descriptions of involved individuals from the witnesses.
• Police were dispatched to a suspicious circumstance of several individuals shining flashlights around the area of West First South. Police were already in the area and responded immediately. Police did not locate any individuals in the area and did not see see any flashlights or unusual activity. Police checked on the area throughout the night and did not locate anything suspicious.
• Police and Emergency Medical Services were dispatched for a report of a toddler who had possibly ingested laundry detergent. Medical personnel examined the child and contacted poison control. The child appeared to be in good health and not affected by the detergent. The mother was advised to monitor the child for any changes in behavior.
• Police responded to Highway 20 for a report of a vehicle traveling with no tail lights. Police located the vehicle at arpad Apartments and warned the driver for having no tail lights.
• Police were dispatched to a resident who refused to take her medication. Police made contact with the person of interest and found her in high spirits, not creating any problems. The complainant was contacted and advised.
• Police responded to a complaint of theft where a green passenger front door to a Dodge Durango was taken March 15. The owner was saving parts on the door to replace on his vehicle. Apartment managers were made aware by the owner and maintenance worker had not taken the door.
• A theft was reported to Police. Police arrived and conducted an investigation. It was discovered that the item that was believed to be stolen was misplaced. A report has been taken.
• Police responded to a domestic in progress where a downstairs neighbor could hear vulgar swearing and objects getting slammed against doors and walls. Police made contact with the tenant at the apartment where the noise was coming from. Police determined the individual was playing a game on Play Station 4 and got too carried away. Individual was warned for disturbing the peace for the second time. Individual was also home alone and police verified no one was in any danger.