Compiled by Allison Houtz
Feb. 8 – 11
Editor’s note: All information contained in this section is public record and is accessible to anyone through the Rexburg Police Department.
- This was an incident where police were dispatched to a hit and run accident on South Second East Viking Drive. No injuries were reported. The vehicle was not towed as a result from the crash. Police patrolled the area for the suspect vehicle. The suspect vehicle left a bright red paint transfer. Damage was located high enough to indicated that the suspect vehicle is a SUV or Pickup type vehicle.
- An officer was dispatched to North Second East to check on a female who was walking on the road. The complainant was concerned that the female was going to be hit by a vehicle. The officer checked the area and was unable to locate the female.
- An officer was dispatched to a residence for a suspicious person. The complainant stated that an unwanted person was at the residence and left before the officer arrived. The officer spoke with the resident who did not want contact with the person and also did not want them coming to their house. Officers contacted the person and advised them of the resident wishes.
- Police assisted Madison Memorial Hospital and Madison Ambulance with a medical transport. A suicidal adult female was transported to Behavioral Health Center in Idaho Falls.
- Rexburg Police charged an adult female with leaving the scene of an accident after officers were dispatched to a hit-and-run. The witness observed the suspect’s vehicle back into the victim’s vehicle and leave the scene. The witness got the license plate of the suspect’s vehicle, and the officer was able to locate the driver and cite them for leaving the scene of an accident.
- Police were dispatched to a parking complaint where a vehicle was completely blocking a driveway. Police attempted to make contact with owner of the vehicle but were unable. Police had the vehicle towed by a local tow company.
- Police responded to a traffic complaint of a driver that was tailgating and driving recklessly. Police contacted the driver of the vehicle and warned her for her dangerous driving. No citations were issued.
- Police were dispatched to the area of the roundabout due to reports of an older individual walking in the middle of the road. Police searched the area and surrounding areas but were unable to locate the reported individual.
- An officer was dispatched to Broulims on a complaint of someone had walked out of the store with unpurchased items. A juvenile had been detained by the store loss prevention officer. The juvenile was charged with petit theft and is now awaiting a court date.
- Police were dispatched to the area of the roundabout due to reports of an older individual walking in the middle of the road. Police searched the area but were unable to locate the reported individual.
- Police were dispatched to a hit-and-run accident that occurred on private property in an apartment complex parking lot. Police responded and discovered damage to the rear passenger side of the vehicle. There was debris from the suspect vehicle which police collected. This incident is still under investigation.
- Police were dispatched to West seventh South in reference to a baby locked inside of a vehicle. Upon arrival, an officer was able to get the door open, and it was confirmed that the baby was alright.
- Police responded to Colonial House Apartments for a report of a suspicious male trying to get a female resident to step outside. Police arrived in the area and were unable to locate a male matching the description. Police continued to check the area throughout the night without incident.
- Police were dispatched to a civil standby for a child custody exchange. Police remained on scene and ensured court orders were followed during the standby. The exchange was completed without incident.