1. If you head on over to the Manwaring Center Grand Ballroom Tuesdays at 4:30, you’ll find a riveting workshop and game of table tennis. Room 220, section C. Go get your pong on.
2. Every Wednesday at 7 p.m. there are chess workshops in the Manwaring Center. You can learn the basics or sharpen your skills. Tournaments are planned to be held at the end of the semester.
3. Love to dance? Student Activities has not just one dance a week, but four. Wednesday night there is country dancing and swing from 8-11 p.m. Friday you will be able to get your Latin on at Latin Dancing or go formal with Ballroom Dancing. All of these dances have a workshops to teach you the basics.
4. Did you know that Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, and other famous old people were once young? They starred in movies that have become great classics. Come watch classic films this semester at classic movie night at the MC center stage. Movies this semester include The Taming of the Shrew, The Magnificent Seven, and Citizen Kane.
5. BYU-I has got you covered on Saturdays as well. There is always a sporting event during the day and some form of music event in the evening.
Have no fear of boredom at BYU-Idaho this semester. They’ve got your back with these activities and so many more. Check out the school’s master calendar online or head on over to the Student Activities center in the to find out more.