1. Set a large skillet over medium heat, and add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Then add mushrooms and continue cooking for 3 more minutes. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant.
2. Add ground chicken and cook until browned using a wooden spoon or thick spatula. Crumble the chicken as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
3. Season with pepper, hoisin, soy sauce, stir fry sauce, ginger and Sriracha/red pepper flakes. Stir until combined, then add water chestnuts and carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the heat.
4. Spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Serve with crispy rice noodles, chopped toasted nuts, or green onions.
For the noodles:
For the bread crumbs:
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the chicken, mushrooms, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt, pepper and thyme.
3.Heat to boiling and then add the gnocchi. Gently boil for 4 minutes, then turn down and simmer for 10 minutes, or until it has reached the desired thickness.
4. Add spinach and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve warm.