UPDATE 7/3/2013 : Assistant Chief David Davis of the Madison Fire Department said the cause of the explosion at Basic American Foods on Tuesday night was from water dripping in the electrical room. The water went onto the bus bars, causing smoke and the power to go out. All of the employees inside were then evacuated. There was not a fire and there were no injuries.
A slight explosion in the electrical room at Basic American Foods happened at about 9:15 p.m. this evening in Rexburg.
All of the employees inside were evacuated.
Assistant Chief David Davis of the Madison Fire Department told us what he knows so far.
“When we got here, there was smoke coming from the room but we couldn’t tell if there were any flames or not; the doors were shut. We are making entry now trying to get rid of the smoke. There’s no fire in the building at all right now. It’s just pretty well contained,” said Davis.
We will keep you dated on any further information.