On April 30, Governor Brad Little announced the Stage One protocols for the reopening of Idaho. In response, BYU-Idaho announced their Stage One protocols in an official notice sent out on May 4.
Here is what the Stage One protocol for BYU-Idaho students and employees in Idaho:
- Classes will continue remotely through the 2020 Spring Semester.
- We anticipate BYU-Idaho’s reopening process to occur in a gradual manner. We will act conservatively in following national and local policies and guidelines with at least one to a two-week delay.
- Regardless of any announcements from federal, state and local officials, a return to on-campus work and study will not take place immediately.
- The university continues to actively plan for the 2020 Fall Semester. As conditions associated with COVID-19 are fluid, a return to campus is subject to official governmental and public health guidance.
Although many BYU-I facilities and services will remain close, the following is open to those who need or want:
- Health Center.
- Counseling Center (online only).
- University Store (Monday-Friday 11 a.m.–4 p.m. and closed Tuesdays 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.).
- Crossroads (only open for pick-up Monday-Friday 11 a.m.–2 p.m. and 4–6 p.m.).
- Public Safety.
- BYU-Idaho Support Center (BSC), Financial Aid, Advising, Career Services and other students’ services are accessible via the phone, email and online.